Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Thing #1

I had not thought of some of the examples listed in the introduction would be considered as lifelong learning. In retrospect they are experiences and we all learn in a fuller manner by the moment that we have an opportunity to experience. For example: I would not have categorized cooking as a lifelong learning activity. In the essence of growth as a person, I could see how these experiences could be considered.
My most challenging obstacles for employing the parts of my 2.0 experience will always be finding the time to develop and execute the usage of the tools I learn in this class. If it can enhance the experiences of my kids with a minimal amount of additional time added to my already monstrous workload, then I am much more likely to incorporate many of these tools into my classroom experiences. If the actual maintenance of the process I learn eats away at my day to day limited time, then I am much less likely to execute the "up keep" and synthesis of the tools I learn in class. That's really the only major obstacle to overcome for me personally. Learning the tools and applying them in a consistent manner so that the children can benefit are not the same thing. I sometimes think that the actual application of our teacher development gets lost in translation.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are joining us this summer. I look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete