Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thing #10

In my self incrimination I should plead the 5th but I won't. The Creative Commons are a great way to work past the red tape involved in Google images. I, like millions of others, have copied and pasted images that worked with a project or powerpoint. The tool of creative commons puts the power of working together back into the hands of the users. To test the newly learned freedom, I decided to search images on Flickr. It was not as simple as Google images but it was legal. I found that I had to search through more images in order to find what I was looking for and that this process of search took a little more time. On the other hand, I did not have the guilty feeling I usually felt. I will share this alternative method of image gathering in the process of educating my students on the laws governing copyright theft.

No comments:

Post a Comment