Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thing #8

This will definitely be a part of my classroom and extracurricular responsibilities. The example video Plain English was a simple, direct explanation of how we could all use this tool in our everyday lives. I am in the middle of planning a trip with old friends that are located around the country and this tool is going into action right away. The email connection is not the best way to coordinate the trip. We could edit and finalize plans much easier on a Wiki devoted to our planning process.
The examples gave me organizational ideas on how to set my wiki for class. I liked how Salute to Seuss was organized. It was very user friendly, especially the activities section. I tried it out on my 8 year old and he liked this wiki's set-up the best. I also enjoyed Code Blue. When I start my wiki for my biology classes, I will follow it as a guide to building my own class wiki. I specifically liked how the body systems were organized and linked. I think this would be a great way to intro my body systems teaching sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment