Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thing #17

It didn't take long for me to learn something that I didn't even know was possible. I subscribed to all of the science podcasts that were listed and the first one I listened to was 60 seconds science. It gave me a brief, hence 60 seconds, blip of a new scientific discovery that involved sound recording using your clothing. Yes clothing fibers that actually record sound. The chemical make-up of the clothing fibers are able to trap & detect sound waves and magnetic waves. This mean that you will be able to produce a shirt that records the bodies blood pressure, heartbeat, etc. whenever you wear it. Crazy to think about I know. Hats that detect brain activity increases? Shirts that can detect decreased arterial blood flow that would indicate a heart attack? Genius. Podcasting as far as I can tell, really creates a more convenient way to get information without having to DVR it. The subscription takes care of it and I can watch it anywhere. I can then take those that are science appropriate of just "warm-up" like and show the class. I think that the organization of the list will be easy to use throughout the year when we enter a related subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment